Friday, April 20, 2018

I'm back!

I've had a very busy 2 weeks. It started with a 2 day class with Lisa Flowers Ross on Abstraction from Nature. I love the way Lisa does abstraction and the class was excellent, I highly recommend it.

Next up we drove to western Washington to stay at my daughters and take a trip up to the Skagit Valley for the annual tulip festival. What I hadn't planned on was the surprise my kids had planned for me. They had rented a large house in the town of Langley on Whidbey Island, and they all showed up to spend the weekend. We saw the tulips, a grey whale, went to Deception Pass and just had a wonderful time. Here is our group photo at the Tulip Festival, all seventeen of us.


The fields of tulips were stunning and photos really don't do them justice.


Then the day long drive back home, a day to catch up and then last night I drove into Boise because I was the guest speaker at the Boise Basin Quilters meeting. I gave a talk and slide show titled "Can Daily Stitching Change your Life?".

Now its back to normal for a while.

2018 Weekly leaf #15 and #16







2018 Daily Stitching




I'll be linking up with "Off the Wall Friday" and "Slow Sunday Stitching"

6 comments:

  1. That tulip picture is just screaming, "Make me into a quilt". It sounds like a fabulous trip. Love the cyanotype blue with the lime green stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaf 2 is my absolute favourite so far! Looks like you had a great weekend with your family. Your daily stitching is always inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos! Wish I could hear your talk... daily stitching does change your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celine, are you knotting and burying thread tails for each of those little diamonds inside the trellis? Why can't you just slip the needle between the layers of the quilt and pop up again in the next diamond without breaking the thread?
    Royal1688

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish I could hear your talk about daily stitching. :) The tulips look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful surprise. Those tulips are gorgeous. I do love the blue background on those florals. It is such a rich, saturated color.

    ReplyDelete