35"H x 38"W
Have no idea what to name it. It was dyed using thickened dyes and originally was going to be a whole cloth quilt(back in 2009 when I did it). I wasn't thrilled with it after dying it and put it in my reject basket. Earlier this year I pulled it out, cut it up into squares and rearranged them.It's still not one of my favorites but at least I'm happier with this version.
I finished the hand stitching on a small piece of vintage fabric that had been rusted and tea dyed.
I plan to mount this on to a canvas and have been auditioning colors to paint the canvas.
I've chosen the middle color and have one coat of paint on the canvas. I've started stitching a companion piece that was dyed at the same time.
Also got two of the donation quilts quilted and bound.
Signs of Life: the five universal shapes.
The next group will be bit different. I've ripped a piece off of this canvas that I have had in Studio B for several years. I would pull it out every once in a while and add something to it, after some recent additions I called it done.
I ripped about nine inches off the left side because I didn't care for the red in the upper corner. I will use part of what I ripped off. The shapes will be appliquéd on and for them I'm using some faux suede upholstery samples that I've been saving for over twenty-five years. Time to use them or get rid of them.
I'm not sure what I'm doing yet but I have faith that it will somehow come together.
2017 Daily Stitching #2, days 45-51
Lots more french knots