Monday, February 8, 2016

Valentines

Every year I make valentine postcards for some of the young people in my life and this year is no different, although this year I think they were easier than normal and I forgot to take process photos. When I started thinking about what to do, my first thought was of sitting with my youngest Grand daughter and cutting out various sizes of hearts. So thats exactly what I did, I put misty fuse on the back of a red fabric scrap and started cutting out hearts.
They were fused, stitched and will be on the way to the post office later this afternoon.

The Weekly Leaf

Back in the summer of 2012 I wrote an article for Quilting Arts magazines Dec 12/Jan 13 issue on deconstructive screen printing with masks. Then in the spring of 2013 I presented the same thing for Quilting Arts TV season 1200. I made several samples and used the most successful ones in with the article and on the show. One of the less successful ones has been hanging out in my sewing studio's pile of fabrics that I don't know what to do with. I pulled it out and ironed it.

As you can see I only dyed half the background, I think I may have run out of the thickened dye I was using. Using my 6" viewfinder I picked out a section.

Ripped out the piece.
And got ready to stitch.

Week #6



Daily Stitching Updates

Gelli Prints #33-#39




Sari Ribbon #326-#332




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching echoing the leaf. I learn so much here by just looking. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring work! Now I want to get stitching into my gelli prints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to sound like a broken record (remember those?), but your leaf is great! Again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those french knots on the strips of ribbon - the arrangement in the photo could be extended into a large piece of infinite richness. And very tactile too!

    ReplyDelete