Friday, December 28, 2012

Home from our Christmas trip to the woods

We drove over the mountains and through the woods to my daughter's house in Washington to spend Christmas with family. We has a wonderful time. Here I am the first morning checking out the pond.
The day after Christmas we drove into Tacoma and visited the Museum of Glass, always one of my favorite stops. I took yet another picture of the glass ceiling, I take some every time we walk across the bridge.
There was an exhibit of work by Lino Tagliapietra that was amazing. The next group of pictures are some of my favorite pieces from the collection.
I did my daily stitching first thing every morning, I was the first one up so it was easy to do while it was quiet. I forgot to take a picture of the individual pieces before I sewed another row of 19 on. There are now 15 rows.
I had some leftover dye that I poured over ice covered fabric before we left, look how great it came out.
As much as I enjoy spending time with my family, it's always so nice to be back home. This post is linked to "OFF the Wall Friday", go check out some other great blogs.

6 comments:

  1. Linda -- the daily stitching is looking great! how did you decide to do 19 squares in a row?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, I was trying for a square, and 19 x 19 is 361, as close as I can get. The four leftovers will be on the bottom.

      Delete
  2. Your snow dyeing looks terrific! I've only tried snow dyeing, but I think that the ice gives a crisper look. Did you pour liquid dyes on the fabric or sprinkle powdered dyes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda. The glass you show is marvelous. Your quilt blocks continue to intrigue me and the dyed piece is smashing. May the New Year bring you many more creative adventures!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dyed piece. And your little square quilt is awesome. More power to you!

    ReplyDelete