Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thirty days of mono prints



When I was in San Antonio for class last month I set a goal to do a mono print a day for the month of March. I just finished #30, I know that March has 31 days, but I used my last piece of linen today. I will do one tomorrow but it will be on different fabric. My design wall is twenty feet long and is almost full. Each piece is about twenty inches square. They are also hanging in order, from top left to bottom right. It was difficult to get a picture of the whole group because I couldn't get far enough away from them, my studio is not wide enough! This was a great experiment, I loved doing it - some of the pieces I'm very pleased with , others not so much. I have plans for some of them, but even more important, I came up with several more ideas of things to do.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How big are those pieces of fabric? Are you using thickened MX dye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, They are 20" sq. and I'm using versatex fabric paint, actually it's called printing ink. I use it because there is almost no change to the hand of the fabric and I get a nice strong black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those make a powerful statement...wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete